Friday, May 2, 2014 (Nationwide)
sequences of sci-fi action/violence PARENTS STRONGLY CAUTIONED
Plot: What's the story about?
For Peter Parker, life is busy. Between taking out the bad guys as Spider-Man and spending time with the person he loves, Gwen Stacy, high school graduation can’t come quickly enough. Peter hasn’t forgotten about the promise he made to Gwen’s father to protect her by staying away, but that’s a promise he just can’t keep. Things will change for Peter when a new villain, Electro, emerges, an old friend, Harry Osborn, returns, and Peter uncovers new clues about his past
official plot version from sonypictures.com
4.14 / 5 stars (242 users)
Poll: Will you see The Amazing Spider-Man 2?
Who stars in The Amazing Spider-Man 2: Cast List
Andrew Garfield ... Peter Parker / Spider-Man
"Mainstream" , "The Social Network"
Emma Stone ... Gwen Stacy
"Cruella" , "Zombieland"
Jamie Foxx ... Electro [villain]
"Spider-Man: No Way Home" , "Just Mercy"
Dane DeHaan ... Harry Osborn
"Chronicle" , "Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets"
"Inferno" , "The Aeronauts"
Paul Giamatti ... The Rhino [villain]
"Jungle Cruise" , "San Andreas 2"
Sally Field ... May Parker
"The Amazing Spider-Man" , "The Little Mermaid - Ariel's Beginning"
Martin Sheen ... Ben Parker
"12 Mighty Orphans" , "Judas And The Black Messiah"
"Higher Power" , "Paycheck"
Brian Haley ... Phil Watson
Chris Cooper ... Osborn / Green Goblin
"The Town" , "Irresistible"
"The Founder" , "Saving Mr. Banks"
Who's making The Amazing Spider-Man 2: Crew List
A look at the The Amazing Spider-Man 2 behind-the-scenes crew and production team. The film's director Marc Webb last directed The Only Living Boy in New York and Gifted. The film's writer James Vanderbilt last wrote Murder Mystery and Solace.
Watch: The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Trailers & Videos
Production: What we know about The Amazing Spider-Man 2?
- It is unclear whether Chris Cooper will make his villainous turn as Green Goblin in this film or in a sequel. Osborn starts out as a mentor to the superhero before turning bad.
- Sony revealed this would be the first Spider-Man film to be entirely filmed in New York.
- The Rhino first appeared in Amazing Spider-Man #41 in 1966 as a thug from a Soviet Bloc country who wore a superhuman suit that made him invulnerable while giving him superstrength and superspeed. It also had a deadly horn on top.
- Electro is the alter ego of Max Dillon, an enemy of Spider-Man who gains the ability to control electricity after being struck by lightning. Created by Stan Lee and Steve Ditko, the character first appeared in "The Amazing Spider-Man #9" in February 1964.
- In The Amazing Spider-Man's post-credit sequence, set inside Dr. Curt Connors' cell at an asylum, the Lizard is approached by a mysterious, shadowy figure (Michael Massee) who asks if Peter Parker knows the truth about his father. Lightning features prominently in the scene, prompting auds to speculate that Electro would be featured in the sequel (Variety, 11/1/2012).
- March 2014: The film was in Completed status.
- July 2013: The film was in Post-Production status.
- February 2013: The film was in Production status.
- April 2012: The film was in Pre-Production status.
- March 2011: The film was in Development status.
On February 4, 2013, Marc Webb posted on his Twitter account that principal photography had begun.
Tentatively scheduled production for the first quarter of 2013.
James Vanderbilt completed an outline and now is writing the script
The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Release Date: When was the film released?
The Amazing Spider-Man 2 was released in 2014 on Friday, May 2, 2014 (Nationwide release). There were 8 other movies released on the same date, including Walk of Shame, The Protector 2 and Belle. 3D/2D; IMAX 3D
When will the movie be on DVD?Tuesday, August 19, 2014
Released; Now Available Buy | Rent Now