Friday, December 25, 2015 (Nationwide)
Plot: What's the story about?
A young FBI agent, Johnny Utah (Luke Bracey), infiltrates a cunning team of thrill-seeking elite athletes – led by the charismatic Bodhi (Edgar Ramirez). The athletes are suspected of carrying out a spate of crimes in extremely unusual ways. Deep undercover, and with his life in imminent danger, Utah strives to prove they are the architects of this string of inconceivable crimes.
official plot version from warnerbros.com
3.57 / 5 stars (37 users)
Poll: Will you see Point Break?
Cast: Who stars in it?
Crew: Who's making Point Break
A look at the Point Break behind-the-scenes crew and production team. The film's director Ericson Core last directed Togo and Invincible. The film's writer Kurt Wimmer last wrote Spell and Total Recall.
Michael De Luca
Christopher D Taylor
Point Break Trailers & Videos
Production: What we know about Point Break
- Director Ericson Core, who served as director of photography on such films as “Invincible,” “The Fast and the Furious” and “Payback,” also serves as director of photography on “Point Break.” Other behind-the-scene team members include Oscar-winning editor Thom Noble (“Thelma & Louise,” “Witness”), production designer Udo Kramer (“North Face,” “The Physician”) and Oscar-nominated costume designer Lisy Christl (“Anonymous,” “White House Down”).
- Making cameos in the film are DJs Steve Aoki, Seth Troxler and The Art Department, as well as sports commentator and TV host Sal Masekela.
- Renowned extreme athletes performing stunts in the film include surfers Laird Hamilton, Sebastian Zietz, Makua Rothman, Billy Kemper, Brian Keaulana, Ahanu Tson-dru, Ian Walsh, Laurie Towner, Dylan Longbottom, Albee Layer, Bruce Irons, Tikanui Smith and Tuhiti Humani; snowboarders Xavier De Le Rue, Louis Vito, Christian Haller, Lucas DeBari and Ralph Backstrom; skateboarders Bob Burnquist and Eric Koston; motorcyclists Riley Harper and Oakley Lehman; wingsuit stunt pilots Jon Devore, Julian Boulle, Noah Bahnson, Jhonathan Florez and Mike Swanson, and consultant Jeb Corliss; and free climber Chris Sharma, among others.
- Per Warner Bros Pictures: "The film is replete with the most daring athleticism ever seen in a motion picture. These action adventure feats are performed by elite athletes representing the world’s best in class in big-wave surfing, wingsuit flying, sheer-face snowboarding, free rock climbing, and high-speed motorcycling."
- Inspired by the classic 1991 hit starring Patrick Swayze and Keanu Reeves.
On or about November 4, 2015, the film was in Completed status.
On or about February 4, 2015, the film was in Post-Production status.
On or about August 12, 2014, the film was in Production status.
On or about May 7, 2014, the film was in Pre-Production status.
To start shooting in late June 2014.
On or about April 11, 2013, the film was in Development status.
Fast and the Furious cinematographer Ericson Core will helm the redo of the 1991 cult classic.
On or about September 12, 2011, the film was in Announced status.
Point Break Release Date: When was it released?
When will the movie be on Blu-ray & DVD?Tuesday, March 29, 2016
Released; Now Available Buy | Rent Now
Questions: Asked About Point Break
Looking for more information on Point Break?
Check out the below links, may contain affiliate links.