Status: Pre-Production As of January 30, 2017
Pre-Production: Key talent and film crew being hired; budgeting, preparing and planning of production schedule; approving final shooting script. Prepped for a Spring 2017 start. Looking for a director after Antoine Fuqua (The Magnificent Seven) left the project (must start working on The Equalizer 2).
An outsider, an immigrant barges his way into the criminal establishment in pursuit of a twisted version of the American dream, becoming a kingpin through a campaign of ruthlessness and violent ambiti... more
In Movie Theaters U.S.Friday, August 10, 2018
Cast more cast
Rating MPAANot Available
Storylines 2 more
An outsider, an immigrant barges his way into the criminal establishment in pursuit of a twisted version of the American dream, becoming a kingpin through a campaign of ruthlessness and violent ambition.
modified plot formulation from deadline.com
Trivia & Production Notes
- Intention is not to do an outright remake rather marry common elements of the two films (1932, 1983 versions) with a contemporary crime context.
- The third iteration of the crime classic that Universal made in 1932.
- The new film will be set in Los Angeles (Deadline, 5/18/17).
- David Ayer's take on the script was "too dark" for the studio's taste and left the project in a directing capacity (Hollywood Reporter, 7/12/17).
Also Known As
- Untitled Universal Event Film (2018)