Friday, July 23, 2021 Nationwide
sequences of strong violence and brief strong language PARENTS STRONGLY CAUTIONED
Plot: What's the story about?
Snake Eyes: G.I. Joe Origins stars Henry Golding as Snake Eyes, a tenacious loner who is welcomed into an ancient Japanese clan called the Arashikage after saving the life of their heir apparent. Upon arrival in Japan, the Arashikage teach Snake Eyes the ways of the ninja warrior while also providing something he’s been longing for: a home. But, when secrets from his past are revealed, Snake Eyes’ honor and allegiance will be tested – even if that means losing the trust of those closest to him. Based on the iconic G.I. Joe character, Snake Eyes: G.I. Joe Origins also stars Andrew Koji as Storm Shadow, Úrsula Corberó as The Baroness, Samara Weaving as Scarlett, Haruka Abe as Akiko, Tahehiro Hira as Kenta and Iko Uwais as Hard Master.
4.00 / 5 stars (5 users)
Poll: Will you see Snake Eyes: G.I. Joe Origins ?
Who stars in Snake Eyes: G.I. Joe Origins : Cast List
Samara Weaving ... Scarlett
Henry Golding ... Snake Eyes
The Tiger's Apprentice, The Ministry Of Ungentlemanly Warfare
Úrsula Corberó ... The Baroness
Andrew Koji ... Tommy
Boy Kills World, Bullet Train
Haruka Abe ... Akiko
She's Just A Shadow
Lost Girls and Love Hotels
Who's making Snake Eyes: G.I. Joe Origins : Crew List
A look at the Snake Eyes: G.I. Joe Origins behind-the-scenes crew and production team. The film's director Robert Schwentke last directed The Divergent Series: Allegiant and The Divergent Series: Insurgent. The film's writer Evan Spiliotopoulos last wrote The Pope’s Exorcist and The Unholy.
Watch Snake Eyes: G.I. Joe Origins Trailers & Videos
Production: What we know about Snake Eyes: G.I. Joe Origins ?
- Snake Eyes is only in theatres, Dolby Cinema and IMAX on July 23, 2021 (6/6/2021). The film will not be available day and date on Paramount+.
- This is likely a prequel chronicling the origins of the character Snake Eyes (8/2/2020).
- Ray Park, who had played Snake Eyes in previous films, does not reprise his role for this film. Henry Golding (Crazy Rich Asians) stars in the role (8/2/2020).
- Snake Eyes was postponed to 2021 due to the COVID-19 pandemic (8/2/2020).
- Crazy Rich Asians star Henry Golding is in early talks to star (Variety, 8/14/19).
- Simon Waters, who oversees consumer products at Hasbro Studios, said the company wants to take “a more millennial approach.” As he explains, “The world has changed, and I think you’re going to see G.I. Joe changing with it,” he said. “There’s going to be a much more contemporary approach to the whole franchise, and that will allow us to develop different characters (LA Times, 3/22/17)."
- Originally envisioned as a third G.I.: Joe movie following the events of G.I. Joe: Retaliation, this will now be a reboot aiming for a younger audience (LA Times, 3/22/17).
- 2021 - June: The film was set to Completed status.
- 2020 - February: The film was set to Post-Production status.
Filming wrapped on February 26, 2020.
- 2018 - December: The film was set to Pre-Production status.
Robert Schwentke has signed on to direct. Evan Spiliotopoulos, who wrote Beauty and the Beast and The Huntsman: Winter’s War, penned the script.
- 2017 - March: The film was set to Development status.
Being rebooted with “a more millennial approach.”
- 2014 - July: The film was set to Development status.
- 2013 - April: The film was set to Announced status.
Snake Eyes: G.I. Joe Origins Release Date: When was the film released?
Snake Eyes: G.I. Joe Origins was a Nationwide release in 2021 on Friday, July 23, 2021. There were 10 other movies released on the same date, including Old, Midnight In The Switchgrass and The Last Letter From Your Lover.