Friday, July 23, 2021 (Nationwide)
sequences of strong violence and brief strong language PARENTS STRONGLY CAUTIONED
Plot: What's the story about?
Snake Eyes: G.I. Joe Origins stars Henry Golding as Snake Eyes, a tenacious loner who is welcomed into an ancient Japanese clan called the Arashikage after saving the life of their heir apparent. Upon arrival in Japan, the Arashikage teach Snake Eyes the ways of the ninja warrior while also providing something he’s been longing for: a home. But, when secrets from his past are revealed, Snake Eyes’ honor and allegiance will be tested – even if that means losing the trust of those closest to him. Based on the iconic G.I. Joe character, Snake Eyes: G.I. Joe Origins also stars Andrew Koji as Storm Shadow, Úrsula Corberó as The Baroness, Samara Weaving as Scarlett, Haruka Abe as Akiko, Tahehiro Hira as Kenta and Iko Uwais as Hard Master.
5.00 / 5 stars (1 users)
Poll: Will you see Snake Eyes?
Who stars in Snake Eyes: Cast List
Samara Weaving ... Scarlett
"Babylon" , "Chevalier de Saint-Georges"
Henry Golding ... Snake Eyes
"The Gentlemen" , "The Tiger's Apprentice"
Úrsula Corberó ... The Baroness
"Mile 22" , "Beyond Skyline"
Andrew Koji ... Tommy
Haruka Abe ... Akiko
"She's Just A Shadow"
"Lost Girls and Love Hotels"
Who's making Snake Eyes: Crew List
A look at the Snake Eyes behind-the-scenes crew and production team. The film's director Robert Schwentke last directed The Divergent Series: Allegiant and The Divergent Series: Insurgent. The film's writer Evan Spiliotopoulos last wrote The Unholy and Beauty and the Beast.
ProducersLorenzo di Bonaventura
Watch: Snake Eyes Trailers & Videos
Production: What we know about Snake Eyes?
- Snake Eyes is only in theatres, Dolby Cinema and IMAX on July 23, 2021 (6/6/2021). The film will not be available day and date on Paramount+.
- This is likely a prequel chronicling the origins of the character Snake Eyes (8/2/2020).
- Ray Park, who had played Snake Eyes in previous films, does not reprise his role for this film. Henry Golding (Crazy Rich Asians) stars in the role (8/2/2020).
- Snake Eyes was postponed to 2021 due to the COVID-19 pandemic (8/2/2020).
- Crazy Rich Asians star Henry Golding is in early talks to star (Variety, 8/14/19).
- Simon Waters, who oversees consumer products at Hasbro Studios, said the company wants to take “a more millennial approach.” As he explains, “The world has changed, and I think you’re going to see G.I. Joe changing with it,” he said. “There’s going to be a much more contemporary approach to the whole franchise, and that will allow us to develop different characters (LA Times, 3/22/17)."
- Originally envisioned as a third G.I.: Joe movie following the events of G.I. Joe: Retaliation, this will now be a reboot aiming for a younger audience (LA Times, 3/22/17).
- June 2021: The film was in Completed status.
- February 2020: The film was in Post-Production status.
- December 2018: The film was in Pre-Production status.
- March 2017: The film was in Development status.
- July 2014: The film was in Development status.
- April 2013: The film was in Announced status.
Filming wrapped on February 26, 2020.
Robert Schwentke has signed on to direct. Evan Spiliotopoulos, who wrote Beauty and the Beast and The Huntsman: Winter’s War, penned the script.
Being rebooted with “a more millennial approach.”