Friday, December 15, 2017 (Nationwide)
Runtime: 2 hrs, 30 m
Star Wars: The Last Jedi Official stills & photos 61 more
Star Wars: The Last Jedi Plot: What's the story?
Rey took her first steps into a larger world in Star Wars: The Force Awakens and will continue her epic journey with Finn, Poe, and Luke Skywalker in the next chapter of the continuing Star Wars saga, Star Wars: Episode VIII.
official plot version from starwars.com
4.15 / 5 stars (62 users)
Poll: Will you see Star Wars: The Last Jedi?
Star Wars: The Last Jedi Cast: Who stars in it?
- Oscar Isaac ... Poe Dameron
Dune, Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker
- Benicio Del Toro ... [Villian]
All Star Weekend, Dora and the Lost City of Gold
- Daisy Ridley ... Rey
Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker, Chaos Walking
- Adam Driver ... Kylo Ren
Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker, The Last Duel
- Mark Hamill ... Luke Skywalker
Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker, Child's Play
- Carrie Fisher ... Leia
Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker, Star Wars: The Force Awakens
Film Details & Notes: What do we know about Star Wars: The Last Jedi?
- “This [film] is going to start right where the last one left off,” Episode VIII director Rian Johnson said. “It was a break from tradition. The second film is where we zoom into the characters, getting to the heart of them and challenging them (7/17/16).”
- Joining the production crew will be some of the industry’s top talent, including Steve Yedlin (Director of Photography), Bob Ducsay (Editor), Rick Heinrichs (Production Designer), Peter Swords King (Hair and Make-Up Designer), and Mary Vernieu (US Casting Director). They will be joining returning crew members Pippa Anderson (Co-Producer, VP Post Production), Neal Scanlan (Creature & Droid FX Creative Supervisor), Michael Kaplan (Costume Designer), Jamie Wilkinson (Prop Master), Chris Corbould (SFX Supervisor), Rob Inch (Stunt Coordinator), Ben Morris (VFX Supervisor), and Nina Gold (UK Casting Director).
- John Boyega told Variety (1/12/16) the film is “much darker” than Episode VII, calling his role as Finn “more physical” in the sequel.
- Star Wars: Episode VIII, originally scheduled for release on May 26, 2017, will now debut on December 15, 2017. The move follows the extraordinary success of Star Wars: The Force Awakens, which was the first Star Wars movie to premiere in December. In the popular holiday moviegoing corridor, it smashed numerous records, including biggest domestic and global debuts of all time as well as the biggest domestic second and third weekends, en route to becoming the highest grossing domestic release of all time with over $861M and the third biggest global release ever with $1.887B (Lucasfilm, 1/20/16).
Crew and Production Credits: Who's making Star Wars: The Last Jedi?
A look at the Star Wars: The Last Jedi behind-the-scenes crew and production team. The film's director Rian Johnson last directed Knives Out and Looper. The film's writer Rian Johnson last wrote Knives Out and Looper.
Star Wars: The Last Jedi Trailers & Videos
Production Timeline: When did the Star Wars: The Last Jedi come together?
On or about November 18, 2017 • The film was in Completed status.
On or about December 16, 2016 • The film was in Post-Production status.
On or about February 15, 2016 • The film was in Production status.
Began principal photography at Pinewood Studios in London on February 15, 2016.
On or about May 5, 2015 • The film was in Pre-Production status.
Filming is due to start in 2016 with a release date scheduled for 2017. The film will be shot at Pinewood Studios just outside of London.
On or about June 24, 2014 • The film was in Development status.
On or about October 30, 2012 • The film was in Announced status.
Upon purchase of Lucasfilm by Disney, the studio announced a targeted 2015 release date for Star Wars: Episode VII. Followed by additional Star Wars films every two to three years.
On or about October 24, 2010 • The film was in Concept status.
Star Wars: The Last Jedi Release Date: When was it released?Star Wars: The Last Jedi was released in 2017 on Friday, December 15, 2017 (Nationwide release). There were 8 other movies released on the same date, including Ferdinand, Hedgehogs and Beyond Skyline. 3D/2D; IMAX
- United States
- December 15, 2017 Nationwide 3D/2D; IMAX
- December 15, 2017
When will the movie be on Blu-ray & DVD?Tuesday, March 27, 2018
Released; Now Available Buy | Rent Now
Questions: Asked About Star Wars: The Last Jedi
Looking for more information on Star Wars: The Last Jedi?
Check out the below links, may contain affiliate links.