|In Movie Theaters:||Friday, May 3, 2013 Nationwide 2D/3D|
|On Blu-ray & DVD:||Tuesday, September 24, 2013|
Released; Now Available Buy or Rent Availability
|Robert Downey Jr. . . . Tony Stark / Iron Man|
Don Cheadle . . . James 'Rhodey' Rhodes / War Machine
Ben Kingsley . . . The Mandrin (Villain)
Gwyneth Paltrow . . . Pepper Potts
Ashley Hamilton . . . Firepower (Villain)
James Badge Dale . . . Eric Savin
|Companies:||Marvel Studios & 4 more|
|Rating:||for sequences of intense sci-fi action and violence throughout, and brief suggestive content.|
|Runtime:||2 hours, 10 minutes|
In Marvel's Iron Man 3, Tony Stark/Iron Man finds his world reduced to rubble by a malevolent enemy and must use his ingenuity and instincts to protect those closest to him as he seeks to destroy the enemy and his cohorts.Marvel Studiosí Iron Man 3 pits brash-but-brilliant industrialist Tony Stark/Iron Man against an enemy whose reach knows no bounds. When Stark finds his personal world destroyed at his enemy's hands, he embarks on a harrowing quest to find those responsible. This journey, at every turn, will test his mettle. With his back against the wall, Stark is left to survive by his own devices, relying on his ingenuity and instincts to protect those closest to him. As he fights his way back, Stark discovers the answer to the question that has secretly haunted him: does the man make the suit or does the suit make the man?
View All Plots (3)official version from disney.com
Rumored to involve a Chinese-related storyline (due to the expected filming in the country and co-production/investment by Beijing-based DMG Entertainment). More specifically, the classic Iron Man enemy, the Chinese character Mandarin, might make an appearance in the third film (Hollywood Reporter, 4/16/12).
The creative production team on the film includes two-time Oscar-winning director of photography John Toll, ASC (Braveheart, Legends of the Fall), production designer Bill Brzeski (The Hangover, Due Date), editors Jeffrey Ford, A.C.E. (Marvel's The Avengers, Captain America: The First Avenger) and Peter S. Elliot (Fantastic 4: Rise of the Silver Surfer), and costume designer Louise Frogley (Quantum of Solace, Contagion).
Questions & Answers:
- Who plays The Mandrin character?
- Ben Kingsley plays The Mandarin, the leader of a terrorist organization and Iron Man's archenemy.
- Who plays Eric Savin?
- James Badge Dale plays Eric Savin, who becomes urban soldier cyborg Coldblood.
Trailers & Videos (10)
4.25 out of 5 stars (421 users) Add Review
Production Updates (89)
- From Mon., July 22, 2013 to Sat., November 1, 2008
- Amazon Mon., July 22, 2013
- added the U.S. Blu-ray release date of September 24, 2013
- added the U.S. DVD release date of September 24, 2013
- Tkqlhce.com Thu., April 25, 2013
- added a running time of 130 minutes
- Marvel.com Tue., April 16, 2013
- added Video Clip to trailers & videos
- added TV Spot: Life to trailers & videos
- Filmratings.com Thu., April 11, 2013
- changed the production status to Complete
- set the MPAA rating to PG-13 for sequences of intense sci-fi action and violence throughout, and brief suggestive content
The Avengers: Age of Ultron Theatrical Teaser
Top Five Theatrical Trailer
Beside Still Water Theatrical Trailer
Fury Video Clip: I Can't Do It
Theory of Everything Theatrical Trailer #2