Marvel's Thor: The Dark World continues the big-screen adventures of Thor, the Mighty Avenger, as he battles to save Earth and all the Nine Realms from a shadowy enemy that predates the universe its... full plot below
U.S. Release DateThor: The Dark World release date was Friday, November 8, 2013. This was a Nationwide in theaters release. 2D/3D
Tuesday, February 25, 2014
Released; Now Available Buy | Rent Now
Cast more cast
Rating MPAAPG-13 for sequences of intense sci-fi action and violence, and some suggestive content
Storylines 3 more
Marvel's Thor: The Dark World continues the big-screen adventures of Thor, the Mighty Avenger, as he battles to save Earth and all the Nine Realms from a shadowy enemy that predates the universe itself. In the aftermath of Marvel's Thor and Marvel's The Avengers, Thor fights to restore order across the cosmos...but an ancient race led by the vengeful Malekith returns to plunge the universe back into darkness. Faced with an enemy that even Odin and Asgard cannot withstand, Thor must embark on his most perilous and personal journey yet, one that will reunite him with Jane Foster and force him to sacrifice everything to save us all.
official plot version from marvel.com
Trivia & Production Notes
- Based on Marvel's classic super hero Thor, who first appeared in the comic book "Journey into Mystery " #83 in August, 1962. The original Thor film release collected over $447 million at the worldwide box office.
- In the comic books, Algrim the Strong (Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje) was the most powerful of a race of Dark Elves, who is coerced by Malekith the Accursed (Christopher Eccleston) to fight Thor (Chris Hemsworth). After he's betrayed by Malekith and injured during a battle, Algrim is healed and transformed into a much more powerful being called Kurse, who is twice as a strong as Thor.
Also Known As
- Thor 2
- August 2012: London, United Kingdom
- Monday, September 10 2012: Bourne Wood, England, United Kingdom
More Marvel Universe Movies 11
Questions & Answers Have a question about movie? Ask it!
- Who are the villains?
- Christopher Eccleston will play primary villain Malekith the Accursed, the ruler of the Dark Elves of Svartalfheim. Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje will also be one of the lead villains, playing the dual roles of Algrim the Strong and Kurse.
- Will the same actor play Thor?
- Chris Hemsworth will again don the armor as the Norse god.