Runtime: 2 hrs, 10 m
In Marvel's Iron Man 3, Tony Stark/Iron Man finds his world reduced to rubble by a malevolent enemy and must use his ingenuity and instincts to protect those closest to him as he seeks to destroy the enemy and his cohorts.
Iron Man 3 Official stills & photos 31 more
Iron Man 3 Plot: What's the story?
Marvel Studios’ Iron Man 3 pits brash-but-brilliant industrialist Tony Stark/Iron Man against an enemy whose reach knows no bounds. When Stark finds his personal world destroyed at his enemy's hands, he embarks on a harrowing quest to find those responsible. This journey, at every turn, will test his mettle. With his back against the wall, Stark is left to survive by his own devices, relying on his ingenuity and instincts to protect those closest to him. As he fights his way back, Stark discovers the answer to the question that has secretly haunted him: does the man make the suit or does the suit make the man?
official plot version from disney.com
4.25 / 5 stars (449 users)
Poll: Will you see Iron Man 3?
Iron Man 3 Cast: Who are the actors?
- Robert Downey Jr. ... Tony Stark / Iron Man
Dolittle, Avengers: Endgame
- Don Cheadle ... James 'Rhodey' Rhodes / War Machine
Space Jam 2, Avengers: Endgame
- Ben Kingsley ... The Mandrin (Villain)
Night Hunter, Collide
- Gwyneth Paltrow ... Pepper Potts
Avengers: Endgame, Contagion
- Ashley Hamilton ... Firepower (Villain)
- James Badge Dale ... Eric Savin
The Kitchen, The Empty Man
Film Details & Notes: What do we know about Iron Man 3?
- The creative production team on the film includes two-time Oscar-winning director of photography John Toll, ASC (Braveheart, Legends of the Fall), production designer Bill Brzeski (The Hangover, Due Date), editors Jeffrey Ford, A.C.E. (Marvel's The Avengers, Captain America: The First Avenger) and Peter S. Elliot (Fantastic 4: Rise of the Silver Surfer), and costume designer Louise Frogley (Quantum of Solace, Contagion).
- Rumored to involve a Chinese-related storyline (due to the expected filming in the country and co-production/investment by Beijing-based DMG Entertainment). More specifically, the classic Iron Man enemy, the Chinese character Mandarin, might make an appearance in the third film (Hollywood Reporter, 4/16/12).
Crew and Production Credits: Who's making Iron Man 3?
A look at the Iron Man 3 behind-the-scenes crew and production team. The film's director Shane Black last directed The Predator and The Nice Guys. The film's writer Shane Black last wrote The Nice Guys and Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang.
Production Timeline: When did the Iron Man 3 come together?
On or about April 11, 2013 • The film was in Completed status.
MPAA rating announced; assumed completed.
On or about October 23, 2012 • The film was in Post-Production status.
On or about May 27, 2012 • The film was in Production status.
Started production this month.
On or about April 10, 2012 • The film was in Pre-Production status.
On or about November 1, 2008 • The film was in Announced status.
Iron Man 3 Release Date: When was it released?Iron Man 3 was released in 2013 on Friday, May 3, 2013 in nationwide movie theaters. There were 16 other movies released on the same date, including What Maisie Knew, Scatter My Ashes at Bergdorf's and Generation Um.... 2D/3D
- United States
- May 3, 2013 Nationwide 2D/3D
- May 3, 2013
When will the movie be on Blu-ray & DVD?Tuesday, September 24, 2013
Released; Now Available Buy | Rent Now
Questions: Frequently Asked About Iron Man 3
- Who plays The Mandrin character?
- Ben Kingsley plays The Mandarin, the leader of a terrorist organization and Iron Man's archenemy.
- Who plays Eric Savin?
- James Badge Dale plays Eric Savin, who becomes urban soldier cyborg Coldblood.
- Will this be in IMAX?
- -- unanswered --
- Will there be any other superheroes in this film?
- -- unanswered --