In Marvel's Iron Man 3, Tony Stark/Iron Man finds his world reduced to rubble by a malevolent enemy and must use his ingenuity and instincts to protect those closest to him as he seeks to destroy the enemy and his cohorts.
Friday, May 3, 2013 (Nationwide)
sequences of intense sci-fi action and violence throughout, and brief suggestive content PARENTS STRONGLY CAUTIONED
Plot: What's the story about?
Marvel Studios’ Iron Man 3 pits brash-but-brilliant industrialist Tony Stark/Iron Man against an enemy whose reach knows no bounds. When Stark finds his personal world destroyed at his enemy's hands, he embarks on a harrowing quest to find those responsible. This journey, at every turn, will test his mettle. With his back against the wall, Stark is left to survive by his own devices, relying on his ingenuity and instincts to protect those closest to him. As he fights his way back, Stark discovers the answer to the question that has secretly haunted him: does the man make the suit or does the suit make the man?
official plot version from disney.com
4.25 / 5 stars (450 users)
Poll: Will you see Iron Man 3?
Who stars in Iron Man 3: Cast List
Robert Downey Jr. ... Tony Stark / Iron Man
"Sherlock Holmes 3" , "Avengers: Infinity War"
Don Cheadle ... James 'Rhodey' Rhodes / War Machine
"Space Jam: A New Legacy" , "Avengers: Infinity War"
Ben Kingsley ... The Mandrin (Villain)
"Locked Down" , "Operation Finale"
Gwyneth Paltrow ... Pepper Potts
"Avengers: Endgame" , "Iron Man"
Ashley Hamilton ... Firepower (Villain)
James Badge Dale ... Eric Savin
"The Empty Man" , "World War Z"
Who's making Iron Man 3: Crew List
A look at the Iron Man 3 behind-the-scenes crew and production team. The film's director Shane Black last directed The Predator and The Nice Guys. The film's writer Shane Black last wrote The Nice Guys and Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang.
Watch: Iron Man 3 Trailers & Videos
Production: What we know about Iron Man 3?
- The creative production team on the film includes two-time Oscar-winning director of photography John Toll, ASC (Braveheart, Legends of the Fall), production designer Bill Brzeski (The Hangover, Due Date), editors Jeffrey Ford, A.C.E. (Marvel's The Avengers, Captain America: The First Avenger) and Peter S. Elliot (Fantastic 4: Rise of the Silver Surfer), and costume designer Louise Frogley (Quantum of Solace, Contagion).
- Rumored to involve a Chinese-related storyline (due to the expected filming in the country and co-production/investment by Beijing-based DMG Entertainment). More specifically, the classic Iron Man enemy, the Chinese character Mandarin, might make an appearance in the third film (Hollywood Reporter, 4/16/12).
- April 2013: The film was in Completed status.
- October 2012: The film was in Post-Production status.
- May 2012: The film was in Production status.
- April 2012: The film was in Pre-Production status.
- November 2008: The film was in Announced status.
MPAA rating announced; assumed completed.
Started production this month.
Iron Man 3 Release Date: When was the film released?
Iron Man 3 was released in 2013 on Friday, May 3, 2013 (Nationwide release). There were 16 other movies released on the same date, including The Iceman, Greetings From Tim Buckley and The Happy House. 2D/3D
When will the movie be on Blu-ray & DVD?Tuesday, September 24, 2013
Released; Now Available Buy | Rent Now