In Marvel's Iron Man 3, Tony Stark/Iron Man finds his world reduced to rubble by a malevolent enemy and must use his ingenuity and instincts to protect those closest to him as he seeks to destroy the enemy and his cohorts.
Friday, May 3, 2013 Nationwide
sequences of intense sci-fi action and violence throughout, and brief suggestive content PARENTS STRONGLY CAUTIONED
Plot: What's the story about?
Marvel Studios’ Iron Man 3 pits brash-but-brilliant industrialist Tony Stark/Iron Man against an enemy whose reach knows no bounds. When Stark finds his personal world destroyed at his enemy's hands, he embarks on a harrowing quest to find those responsible. This journey, at every turn, will test his mettle. With his back against the wall, Stark is left to survive by his own devices, relying on his ingenuity and instincts to protect those closest to him. As he fights his way back, Stark discovers the answer to the question that has secretly haunted him: does the man make the suit or does the suit make the man?
official plot version from disney.com
4.25 / 5 stars (451 users)
Poll: Will you see Iron Man 3?
Who stars in Iron Man 3: Cast List
Robert Downey Jr. ... Tony Stark / Iron Man
Oppenheimer, The Avengers
Don Cheadle ... James 'Rhodey' Rhodes / War Machine
Secret Invasion (series), Captain America: Civil War
Ben Kingsley ... The Mandrin (Villain)
The Wonderful Story of Henry Sugar , Jules
Gwyneth Paltrow ... Pepper Potts
Contagion, Avengers: Endgame
Ashley Hamilton ... Firepower (Villain)
James Badge Dale ... Eric Savin
On Our Way, The Departed
Who's making Iron Man 3: Crew List
A look at the Iron Man 3 behind-the-scenes crew and production team. The film's director Shane Black last directed The Predator and The Nice Guys. The film's writer Shane Black last wrote The Nice Guys and Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang.
Watch Iron Man 3 Trailers & Videos
Production: What we know about Iron Man 3?
- The creative production team on the film includes two-time Oscar-winning director of photography John Toll, ASC (Braveheart, Legends of the Fall), production designer Bill Brzeski (The Hangover, Due Date), editors Jeffrey Ford, A.C.E. (Marvel's The Avengers, Captain America: The First Avenger) and Peter S. Elliot (Fantastic 4: Rise of the Silver Surfer), and costume designer Louise Frogley (Quantum of Solace, Contagion).
- Rumored to involve a Chinese-related storyline (due to the expected filming in the country and co-production/investment by Beijing-based DMG Entertainment). More specifically, the classic Iron Man enemy, the Chinese character Mandarin, might make an appearance in the third film (Hollywood Reporter, 4/16/12).
- 2013 - April: The film was set to Completed status.
MPAA rating announced; assumed completed.
- 2012 - October: The film was set to Post-Production status.
- 2012 - May: The film was set to Production status.
Started production this month.
- 2012 - April: The film was set to Pre-Production status.
- 2008 - November: The film was set to Announced status.
Iron Man 3 Release Date: When was the film released?
Iron Man 3 was a Nationwide release in 2013 on Friday, May 3, 2013. There were 16 other movies released on the same date, including Dead Man's Burden, Caroline and Jackie and Love Is All You Need. Additional information: 2D/3D.