In the new film, when the massive and mysterious Indominus rex stages an escape and disappears into the jungle, order turns to mayhem and guests turn into prey. Dinosaurs escape into the open, skies and water to engage in an all-out war for survival, and no corner within the world's greatest theme park is safe anymore. more
In Movie Theaters U.S.Friday, June 12, 2015 in 4,274 theaters 3D/2D
On DVDTuesday, October 20, 2015
Released; Now Available Buy or Rent Now
Rating MPAAPG-13 for intense sequences of science-fiction violence and peril
Storylines 4 more
22 years after the events of Jurassic Park, Isla Nublar now features a dinosaur adventure park, Jurassic World, as originally envisioned by John Hammond. This new park is owned by the Patel Corporation. Owen (Chris Pratt), a member of Jurassic World's on-site staff, conducts behavioral research on the Velociraptors. Jurassic World's attendance rates begin to decline and a new attraction, created to re-spark visitor interest, backfires.
- Frank Marshall said in a July 2012 interview that Jurassic Park IV would still rely on animatronic dinosaurs despite the advancements in technology over the last decade.
- Steven Spielberg returns to produce the long-awaited film. Director Colin Trevorrow was hand-picked by Spielberg to helm Jurassic Park IV. The film will be shot in 3D.
- Based on characters created by Michael Crichton.
- Jurassic World became the first movie to cross $500 million in a single weekend.
- Director Colin Said Trevorrow explain his use of 3D in the film, "My goal with this movie was always to make sure Jurassic World felt like a real place and in 3D you feel like you are there… For us, it was about creating the most visceral, immersive experience possible. And this kind of technology (3D) does what I hope the whole movie does, which is make everyone in the audience
Also Known As
- Jurassic Park 4
- Jurassic Park IV
- Ebb Tide