2019 | Action Sci-Fi
James Cameron returns to produce a Terminator reboot. more
In Movie Theaters U.S. Friday, November 22
David S. Goyer
James Cameron returns to produce a Terminator reboot.
Trivia & Production Notes
- As James Cameron explains to News Australia (7/25/17), "I am in discussions with [producer] David Ellison, who is the current rights holder globally for the ‘Terminator’ franchise and the rights in the US market revert to me under US copyright law in a year and a half so he and I are talking about what we can do. Right now we are leaning toward doing a three-film arc and reinventing it."
- James Cameron says Arnold Schwarzenegger might appear to “pass the baton” (News Australia, 7/25/17).
- Arnold Schwarzenegger confirmed he will be in the film (Kleine Zeitung, 8/7/17).
- A trilogy is being planned in a writers room that includes David Goyer, Chris Eglee, Justin Rhodes, and Josh Friedman (Deadline.com, 9/19/17).
- James Cameron has said that the film will be a direct sequel to Terminator 2: Judgment Day since he played no part in the recent installments (Variety, 9/27/17; confirmed Variety, 3/8/18).
- Billy Ray will polish the script that is based on a story conceived by Cameron, Miller, and Ellison (Variety, 3/8/18).
- Mackenzie Davis would be one of the new faces of franchise in the vein of Schwarzenegger’s robotic assassin (Variety, 3/8/18).
More The Terminator Movies 6
Questions & Answers Have a question about this movie? Ask it!