Friday, July 26, 2013 Nationwide
intense sci-fi action and violence, some sexuality and language PARENTS STRONGLY CAUTIONED
Plot: What's the story about?
Based on the celebrated comic book arc, this epic action-adventure takes Wolverine (Hugh Jackman), the most iconic character of the X-Men universe, to modern-day Japan. Out of his depth in an unknown world, he will face a host of unexpected and deadly opponents in a life-or-death battle that will leave him forever changed. Vulnerable for the first time and pushed to his physical and emotional limits, he confronts not only lethal samurai steel but also his inner struggle against his own immortality.
official plot version from foxmovies.com
4.25 / 5 stars (169 users)
Poll: Will you see The Wolverine?
Who stars in The Wolverine: Cast List
Hugh Jackman ... Logan / Wolverine
Pan, Rise of the Guardians
Will Yun Lee ... Lee Harada / The Silver Samurai
Total Recall, Rogue Warfare: Death of a Nation
Hiroyuki Sanada ... Shingen
John Wick: Chapter 4, Life
Jessica Biel ... Viper
Total Recall, The A-Team
Svetlana Khodchenkova ... Viper
Rila Fukushima ... Yukio
Who's making The Wolverine: Crew List
A look at the The Wolverine behind-the-scenes crew and production team. The film's director James Mangold last directed Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny and Ford v Ferrari. The film's writer Christopher McQuarrie last wrote Mission: Impossible – Dead Reckoning Part One and Top Gun: Maverick.
Watch The Wolverine Trailers & Videos
Production: What we know about The Wolverine?
- In a recent interview with Empire magazine, The Wolverine director James Mangold said the film is actually a sequel to the last ensemble X-Men film. As Mangold said, "Where this film sits in the universe of the films is after them all. Jean Grey is gone, most of the X-Men are disbanded or gone, so there's a tremendous sense of isolation for him."
- Taking place after the events of X-Men Origins: Wolverine. Loosely follows the early 1980s Chris Claremont/Frank Miller comic book miniseries. The original X-Men Origins: Wolverine was released in 2009 and grossed nearly $400 million worldwide.
- 2013 - July: The film was set to Completed status.
- 2012 - December: The film was set to Post-Production status.
Principal photography concluded on Wednesday, November 21, 2012.
- 2012 - October: The film was set to Production status.
- 2010 - March: The film was set to Pre-Production status.
- 2009 - August: The film was set to Development status.
- 2009 - June: The film was set to Announced status.