Friday, July 26, 2013 (Nationwide)
intense sci-fi action and violence, some sexuality and language PARENTS STRONGLY CAUTIONED
Plot: What's the story about?
Based on the celebrated comic book arc, this epic action-adventure takes Wolverine (Hugh Jackman), the most iconic character of the X-Men universe, to modern-day Japan. Out of his depth in an unknown world, he will face a host of unexpected and deadly opponents in a life-or-death battle that will leave him forever changed. Vulnerable for the first time and pushed to his physical and emotional limits, he confronts not only lethal samurai steel but also his inner struggle against his own immortality.
official plot version from foxmovies.com
4.26 / 5 stars (166 users)
Poll: Will you see The Wolverine?
Who stars in The Wolverine: Cast List
Hugh Jackman ... Logan / Wolverine
"Reminiscence" , "Rise of the Guardians"
Will Yun Lee ... Lee Harada / The Silver Samurai
"Wish Dragon" , "Rogue Warfare"
Hiroyuki Sanada ... Shingen
"Mortal Kombat" , "Army of the Dead"
Jessica Biel ... Viper
"The A-Team" , "Total Recall"
Svetlana Khodchenkova ... Viper
Rila Fukushima ... Yukio
Who's making The Wolverine: Crew List
A look at the The Wolverine behind-the-scenes crew and production team. The film's director James Mangold last directed Ford v Ferrari and Logan. The film's writer Christopher McQuarrie last wrote Mission: Impossible - Fallout and Jack the Giant Slayer.
ProducersLauren Shuler Donner
Watch: The Wolverine Trailers & Videos
Production: What we know about The Wolverine?
- In a recent interview with Empire magazine, The Wolverine director James Mangold said the film is actually a sequel to the last ensemble X-Men film. As Mangold said, "Where this film sits in the universe of the films is after them all. Jean Grey is gone, most of the X-Men are disbanded or gone, so there's a tremendous sense of isolation for him."
- Taking place after the events of X-Men Origins: Wolverine. Loosely follows the early 1980s Chris Claremont/Frank Miller comic book miniseries. The original X-Men Origins: Wolverine was released in 2009 and grossed nearly $400 million worldwide.
- July 2013: The film was in Completed status.
- December 2012: The film was in Post-Production status.
- October 2012: The film was in Production status.
- March 2010: The film was in Pre-Production status.
- August 2009: The film was in Development status.
- June 2009: The film was in Announced status.
Principal photography concluded on Wednesday, November 21, 2012.
The Wolverine Release Date: When was the film released?
The Wolverine was released in 2013 on Friday, July 26, 2013 (Nationwide release). There were 9 other movies released on the same date, including The To-Do List, Frankenstein's Army and The Time Being.
When will the movie be on Blu-ray & DVD?Tuesday, December 3, 2013
Released; Now Available Buy | Rent Now