Runtime: 2 hrs, 4 m
In the new film, when the massive and mysterious Indominus rex stages an escape and disappears into the jungle, order turns to mayhem and guests turn into prey. Dinosaurs escape into the open, skies and water to engage in an all-out war for survival, and no corner within the world's greatest theme park is safe anymore.
Jurassic World Official stills & photos 9 more
Jurassic World Plot: What's the story?
22 years after the events of Jurassic Park, Isla Nublar now features a dinosaur adventure park, Jurassic World, as originally envisioned by John Hammond. This new park is owned by the Patel Corporation. Owen (Chris Pratt), a member of Jurassic World's on-site staff, conducts behavioral research on the Velociraptors. Jurassic World's attendance rates begin to decline and a new attraction, created to re-spark visitor interest, backfires.
4.17 / 5 stars (544 users)
Poll: Will you see Jurassic World?
Jurassic World Cast: Who are the actors?
- Bryce Dallas Howard ... Claire
Rocketman, Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom
- Ty Simpkins ... Gray
Little Children, Insidious: Chapter 2
- Jake Johnson ... Lowery
Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse, Tag
- Omar Sy
Arctic Dogs, The Call of the Wild
- Chris Pratt ... Owen
Onward, The LEGO Movie 2: The Second Part
- Vincent D'Onofrio ... Morton
The Kid, Death Wish
Film Details & Notes: What do we know about Jurassic World?
- Director Colin Said Trevorrow explain his use of 3D in the film, "My goal with this movie was always to make sure Jurassic World felt like a real place and in 3D you feel like you are there… For us, it was about creating the most visceral, immersive experience possible. And this kind of technology (3D) does what I hope the whole movie does, which is make everyone in the audience
- Jurassic World became the first movie to cross $500 million in a single weekend.
- Based on characters created by Michael Crichton.
- Steven Spielberg returns to produce the long-awaited film. Director Colin Trevorrow was hand-picked by Spielberg to helm Jurassic Park IV. The film will be shot in 3D.
- Frank Marshall said in a July 2012 interview that Jurassic Park IV would still rely on animatronic dinosaurs despite the advancements in technology over the last decade.
Crew and Production Credits: Who's making Jurassic World?
A look at the Jurassic World behind-the-scenes crew and production team. The film's director Colin Trevorrow last directed The Book of Henry and Safety Not Guaranteed. The film's writer Rick Jaffa last wrote Dawn of the Planet of the Apes and Rise of the Planet of the Apes.
Production Timeline: When did the Jurassic World come together?
On or about May 13, 2015 • The film was in Completed status.
On or about October 15, 2014 • The film was in Post-Production status.
On or about May 19, 2014 • The film was in Production status.
On or about January 10, 2014 • The film was in Pre-Production status.
Filming will begin in April/May 2014. After a Hawaii shoot, it is scheduled to film in New Orleans for 11 weeks starting June 2nd.
On or about May 9, 2013 • The film was in Development status.
Production was to start Summer 2013 in Hawaii and Baton Rouge, LA. However, things have been delayed until a later date -- will not meet previously announced 2014 release date.
On or about May 1, 2013 • The film was in Pre-Production status.
Production to start this summer in Hawaii and Baton Rouge, LA.
On or about June 22, 2009 • The film was in Development status.
Jurassic World Release Date: When was it released?Jurassic World was released in 2015 on Friday, June 12, 2015 in 4,274 theaters. There were 6 other movies released on the same date, including Vendetta, The Wolfpack and Me and Earl and the Dying Girl. 3D/2D
- United States
- June 12, 2015 Nationwide 3D/2D
- June 12, 2015
When will the movie be on DVD?Tuesday, October 20, 2015
Released; Now Available Buy | Rent Now