Rey took her first steps into a larger world in Star Wars: The Force Awakens and will continue her epic journey with Finn, Poe, and Luke Skywalker in the next chapter of the continuing Star Wars saga... full plot below
U.S. Release DateStar Wars: The Last Jedi release date was Friday, December 15, 2017. This was a Nationwide in theaters release. 3D/2D; IMAX
Tuesday, March 27, 2018
Released; Now Available Buy | Rent Now
Cast more cast
Rating MPAAPG-13 for sequences of sci-fi action and violence
Storylines 2 more
Rey took her first steps into a larger world in Star Wars: The Force Awakens and will continue her epic journey with Finn, Poe, and Luke Skywalker in the next chapter of the continuing Star Wars saga, Star Wars: Episode VIII.
official plot version from starwars.com
Trivia & Production Notes
- Star Wars: Episode VIII, originally scheduled for release on May 26, 2017, will now debut on December 15, 2017. The move follows the extraordinary success of Star Wars: The Force Awakens, which was the first Star Wars movie to premiere in December. In the popular holiday moviegoing corridor, it smashed numerous records, including biggest domestic and global debuts of all time as well as the biggest domestic second and third weekends, en route to becoming the highest grossing domestic release of all time with over $861M and the third biggest global release ever with $1.887B (Lucasfilm, 1/20/16).
- John Boyega told Variety (1/12/16) the film is “much darker” than Episode VII, calling his role as Finn “more physical” in the sequel.
- Joining the production crew will be some of the industry’s top talent, including Steve Yedlin (Director of Photography), Bob Ducsay (Editor), Rick Heinrichs (Production Designer), Peter Swords King (Hair and Make-Up Designer), and Mary Vernieu (US Casting Director). They will be joining returning crew members Pippa Anderson (Co-Producer, VP Post Production), Neal Scanlan (Creature & Droid FX Creative Supervisor), Michael Kaplan (Costume Designer), Jamie Wilkinson (Prop Master), Chris Corbould (SFX Supervisor), Rob Inch (Stunt Coordinator), Ben Morris (VFX Supervisor), and Nina Gold (UK Casting Director).
- “This [film] is going to start right where the last one left off,” Episode VIII director Rian Johnson said. “It was a break from tradition. The second film is where we zoom into the characters, getting to the heart of them and challenging them (7/17/16).”
Also Known As
- Star Wars: New Trilogy II
- Star Wars 8
- Star Wars: Episode VIII