|In Movie Theaters:||Friday, May 4, 2012 in 4,349 theaters|
|On Blu-ray & DVD:||Tuesday, September 25, 2012|
Released; Now Available Buy or Rent Availability
|Robert Downey Jr. . . . Tony Stark / Iron Man|
Scarlett Johansson . . . Natasha Romanoff / Black Widow
Samuel L. Jackson . . . Nick Fury
Jeremy Renner . . . Clint Barton / Hawkeye
Chris Evans . . . Steve Rogers / Captain America
Chris Hemsworth . . . Thor
|Companies:||Walt Disney Pictures & 5 more|
|Rating:||for intense sequences of sci-fi violence and action throughout, and a mild drug reference.|
|Runtime:||2 hours, 35 minutes|
The Avengers will bring together the super hero team of Marvel Comics characters for the first time ever, including Iron Man, Captain America, Thor, The Hulk and more, as they are forced to band together to battle the biggest foe they’ve ever faced.
Based on the Marvel comic series that debuted September 1963.
Questions & Answers:
- Who is the villain?
- Loki, played by Tom Hiddleston. Also, he has an army.
- Who plays the Hulk?
- Mark Ruffalo plays Bruce Banner. The Hulk is computer generated and is voiced by Lou Ferrigno.
- Why is Spider-Man or Wolverine not in this movie?
- Marvel licensed the movie rights of Spider-Man to Sony and Wolverine to Fox. Therefore Disney cannot use either character in a movie without buying the rights back from those studios.
- Will there be an Avengers 2?
- For updates on the sequel, view its profile page.
- What is Black Widow's superpower?
- In the Marvel universe, The Black Widow superpower is resistance to disease and above-average healing. She is an expert martial artist and marksman. In Iron Man 2 and The Avengers, she is played by Scarlett Johansson.
- [SPOILER] What happens after the credits?
- For a spoiler-filled article, follow the link below.
Trailers & Videos (16)
4.64 out of 5 stars (1,128 users) Add Review
Production Updates (94)
- From Wed., January 2, 2013 to Thu., June 14, 2007
- Amazon Wed., January 2, 2013
- added the US Blu-ray release date of November 9, 2012
- Movie Insider Tue., September 25, 2012
- added Blu-ray Trailer to trailers & videos
- Amazon Mon., July 2, 2012
- added the US DVD release date of September 25, 2012
- Film|Ratings Wed., April 25, 2012
- set the MPAA rating to PG-13 for intense sequences of sci-fi violence and action throughout, and a mild drug reference
- changed the production status to Complete
- Movie Insider Tue., April 24, 2012
- set HSX ticker to AVNGR
The Transporter Refueled Introducing Ed Skrein
Hillsong - Let Hope Rise Theatrical Trailer
Insidious: Chapter 3 Theatrical Trailer #2
Slow West Theatrical Trailer
Spectre Theatrical Teaser