|In Movie Theaters:||Friday, November 8, 2013 Nationwide 2D/3D|
|On DVD:||Tuesday, February 25, 2014|
Released; Now Available Buy or Rent Availability
|Chris Hemsworth . . . Thor|
Natalie Portman . . . Jane Foster
Tom Hiddleston . . . Loki
Idris Elba . . . Heimdall
Stellan Skarsgard . . . Erik Selvig
Anthony Hopkins . . . Odin
|Companies:||Walt Disney Pictures & 1 more|
|Rating:||for sequences of intense sci-fi action and violence, and some suggestive content.|
Marvel's Thor: The Dark World continues the big-screen adventures of Thor, the Mighty Avenger, ashe battles to save Earth and all the Nine Realms from a shadowy enemy that predates the universeitself. In the aftermath of Marvel's Thor and Marvel's The Avengers, Thor fights to restore orderacross the cosmos...but an ancient race led by the vengeful Malekith returns to plunge the universe backinto darkness. Faced with an enemy that even Odin and Asgard cannot withstand, Thor must embarkon his most perilous and personal journey yet, one that will reunite him with Jane Foster and force him tosacrifice everything to save us all.
View All Plots (3)official version from marvel.com
Based on Marvel's classic super hero Thor, who first appeared in the comic book "Journey into Mystery " #83 in August, 1962. The original Thor film release collected over $447 million at the worldwide box office.
In the comic books, Algrim the Strong (Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje) was the most powerful of a race of Dark Elves, who is coerced by Malekith the Accursed (Christopher Eccleston) to fight Thor (Chris Hemsworth). After he's betrayed by Malekith and injured during a battle, Algrim is healed and transformed into a much more powerful being called Kurse, who is twice as a strong as Thor.
Questions & Answers:
- Who are the villains?
- Christopher Eccleston will play primary villain Malekith the Accursed, the ruler of the Dark Elves of Svartalfheim. Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje will also be one of the lead villains, playing the dual roles of Algrim the Strong and Kurse.
- Will the same actor play Thor?
- Chris Hemsworth will again don the armor as the Norse god.
4.38 out of 5 stars (146 users) Add Review
Production Updates (81)
- From Sun., January 19, 2014 to Thu., June 30, 2011
- Amazon Sun., January 19, 2014
- added the US DVD release date of February 25, 2014
- Movie Insider Mon., October 28, 2013
- set the MPAA rating to PG-13 (for sequences of intense sci-fi action and violence, and some suggestive content.)
- Filmratings.com Sun., October 27, 2013
- set the MPAA rating to R for sequences of intense sci-fi action and violence, and some suggestive content
- changed the production status to Complete
- Marvel.com Tue., October 8, 2013
- added Video Clip: When Do We Start to trailers & videos
- Marvel.com Sat., August 24, 2013
- added a poster to the gallery
Annie Theatrical Trailer
Transformers 4: Age of Extinction Theatrical Trailer #1
Bad Words Redband Trailer
Walk of Shame Theatrical Trailer
Godzilla Theatrical Trailer #2