Post-Production: Filming completed; editing sound, music and effects as of April 19, 2013. Principal photography began in September 2012 in Surrey, England and wrapped up December 2012. Have an update? Send it in!
|In Movie Theaters:||Friday, November 8, 2013 Nationwide 2D/3D|
|Chris Hemsworth . . . Thor|
Natalie Portman . . . Jane Foster
Tom Hiddleston . . . Loki
Idris Elba . . . Heimdall
Stellan Skarsgard . . . Erik Selvig
Anthony Hopkins . . . Odin
|Companies:||Walt Disney Pictures & 1 more|
In the comicbooks, Algrim the Strong (Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje) was the most powerful of a race of Dark Elves, who is coerced by Malekith the Accursed (Christopher Eccleston) to fight Thor (Chris Hemsworth). After he's betrayed by Malekith and injured during a battle, Algrim is healed and transformed into a much more powerful being called Kurse, who is twice as a strong as Thor.
View All Plots (2)paraphrased formulation from variety.com
Thor collected $447 million at the worldwide box office.
Marvel's Thor: The Dark World continues the big-screen adventures of Thor, the Mighty Avenger, ashe battles to save Earth and all the Nine Realms from a shadowy enemy that predates the universeitself. In the aftermath of Marvel's "Thor" and "Marvel's The Avengers," Thor fights to restore orderacross the cosmos...but an ancient race led by the vengeful Malekith returns to plunge the universe backinto darkness. Faced with an enemy that even Odin and Asgard cannot withstand, Thor must embarkon his most perilous and personal journey yet, one that will reunite him with Jane Foster and force him tosacrifice everything to save us all.
Questions & Answers:
- Who are the villains?
- Christopher Eccleston will play primary villain Malekith the Accursed, the ruler of the Dark Elves of Svartalfheim. Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje will also be one of the lead villains, playing the dual roles of Algrim the Strong and Kurse.
- Will the same actor play Thor?
- Chris Hemsworth will again don the armor as the Norse god.
News & Updates (69)
- From 2 days ago to Thu., June 30, 2011
- Marvel.com 2 days ago
- added photos to the gallery
- added UK Trailer to trailers & videos
- Deadline Tue., April 23, 2013
- added Theatrical Trailer to trailers & videos
- Internet Movie Poster Awards Fri., April 19, 2013
- changed the title from "Thor: The Dark Worlds" to "Thor: The Dark World"
- changed the production status to Post-Production
- added a link from thor.marvel.com
- added a link from facebook.com
- added a poster to the gallery